What is the court-marriage process for foreigners in Delhi ?

If an Indian person wants to marry a girl or a boy who belongs to another country, this type of marriage is called a foreigner marriage. In India, marrying a girl or boy who belongs to any other country is completely legal if done under judicial rules and regulations.




  • Both parties should have a valid passport as proof of their identity and nationality.
  • At least one of the parties should be a resident of India. They have to provide all the documents required to confirm their identity.
  • Both parties should have the legal age of marriage as per the Indian law which is 21 years for boys and 18 years for girls.





  • Parties should have to apply in the court for their marriage.
  • The court will issue the intended marriage notice and give them 30 days.
  • After 30 days, parties will have to visit the court for marriage. After the verification of documents and other proceedings, the court will complete the marriage request.


Foreigner marriage can be done between an Indian and any other boy or girl who belongs to any other country globally.

Leave a Comment